Monday, March 31, 2008

Homemade Noodles

So... I haven't let Dale make lasagna for the last 6 months because I didn't like it. So, we tried out a new (time-intensive) recipe. Dale was the operations manager and I was the creative director. We got our recipe out of How to Cook Everything which I would recommend to anyone. So, Mark Bittman, recommends that you make homemade noodles to make the pasta bolonesge style. So, Dale was willing to make them and he made a meat sauce in the slow cooker. I made the bechmal sauce, and Dale assembled it with freshly grated parmesan cheese from S & S ($11.00). So Dale layered the noodles, behmal sauce (white sauce), meat sauce, and parmesan sauce. I'll have to say it was by far the most delicious lasagna I've had. Mmm! I took some for lunch today.

And, I was recovering this weekend from finishing my book Thursday and Friday night. I realized, upon further reflection, that I finished it so quickly because another teacher had told me on Tuesday that she finished the book in 4 days. So, my first thoughts were: "Phew! I'm glad I don't do that any more! Why rush a book and stay up too late when I could pace myself? I am so glad that at my age I understand the value of self-discipline and rest." Also, when I read in bed, Dale wants me to turn the light off at a reasonable hour. However, Thursday and Friday night I was on the couch to all hours finishing the book ravenously. Weird, huh? It' that streak of getting away with something, but all it meant was that I had to take a 2 hour nap on Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found a new recipe for lasagna in the paper a few months ago. Tyson says it is the best lasagna he ever tasted! It also uses bechamel sauce, but cheddar cheese. I don't have enough time for home-made noodles, so I just use the no-boil ones. (I do make the white sauce and the meat sauce, though!)
Lauri