Monday, March 17, 2008

Day 1 - Spring Break

I made this card based on a card that I received from Kathy S. It was simple and quick, but fun. I just sold my first card via paypal. I was telling my sister how much I loved my tinkerbella card, but I didn't know anyone who had a birthday in March.
She did, and offered to buy it!
I hope everyone had a great weekend. My Dad & Melanie came out to visit. We went to the park both days and played frisbee and track ball. Melanie & I went shopping at Chico's. They tried to get me to try on some "Spanx" They are basically a girdle. I said no 3 times, but finally relented. Melanie pointed out that women's lib put a stop to wearing foundation garments. Anyway, I couldn't pull the girdle past my knees, so I gave up. No smooth lines for me! You can buy them at Nordstrom's. I did have a lot of fun shopping even though the sales team outnumbered Melanie and I. After we went shopping, Melanie, Dad, Dale & I went to Red Tavern for dinner. They serve all local food with interesting terms like: nibs. The chocolate dessert had "cocoa nibs" on it. Sitting at the table next to us were the parents of S*'s best friend from preschool. Apparently the dad is working on a committee to build a "green" high school in Chico. One major highlight is that Melanie picked up "Breakthrough Tennis" for me at the book sale at the library for 25 cents. (even though it was written .25 cents!) And! I had a breakthrough...hopefully it wasn't a fluke!


So I just finished my first day of vacation with my kids. S* stated at 9:38 a.m. that he was bored. Of course, they woke up and made homemade delicious waffles for breakfast, so they could have only went downhill from there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought 4 graduation comments when?? so I was the first one to buy a card!
Love, Mom