Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ahh! A surface clean

Well, I did a little cleaning this weekend. I cleaned the upstairs bathroom, and the boys "cleaned" the downstairs bathroom (*wish I had a picture*). I have written extensive instructions which S*, of course, reads and follows. My favorite part today was cleaning of a little piece of counter that has had clutter on it since it has been installed. (I won't mention where the clutter has found a home!) It brought me joy to see a clean surface if only for minutes. In one of more maniacal moments, I've thought of posting pictures of how surfaces should look around the house.

This morning:
1. Trying to go grocery shopping before picking up Z* at 10:00 a.m....... stressful
2. Going to Safeway instead of Winco to save time.................$25.00 more
3. Seeing one of my graduate committee member at Safeway...............meant to be

Grad progress:
I need to get permission from my district, but I am not sure from whom. I am starting my first pilot interview tomorrow, even though I have been nervous about it all day.

I started 3 books simultaneously this weekend:
  • (1) It Takes a Worried Man, which is a diary/memior of a husband whose wife has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - I like it, but I don't know if I'll make it through the intense medical stuff;
  • (2)Tuesdays for Morrie which is a sports writer detailing his visits with one of his professors who is dying - A little condescending, but motivational and easy to start/stop;
  • (3)Queen of Dreams by Chitra Divakaruni is a story about an 2nd generation Indian woman in Northern California - So good so far.

My book club is meeting next week to discuss AVM, we've spent 2 months on it.

No comments: