Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy Weekend

Isn't this beautiful? I went on a walk with my mom in Bidwell Park yesterday. We had some sun after our big storm.
To finish on the banana bread saga, My friend Tess shared with me a slate article relating to the cookbook dispute. This was my favorite line:
"Sure, the two books are based on the same unremarkable, unoriginal idea. And a handful of recipes employ some of the same obvious tricks (mostly based on hue, such as hiding sweet potato puree in a grilled cheese sandwich or spinach in brownies)."
I have NOT made the banana bread again, but one of my coworkers suggested it was karma since I was trying to deceive my kids (smile). I DID make lemon bars (without pureed cauliflower) and everyone in my game night group liked them. We played Apples to Apples which was a very fun game. There is also a kid's version.

Kitchen Update: Here is a picture of the kitchen so far, we are loving the cabinets! Our refrigerator instantly looked very dirty and cluttered, so Dale scrubbed it and we rearranged and thinned out some of the many photos. Now we have to figure out what to do with all of the kid's art.

Speaking of kids, I wanted to show you Zachary's hair in the morning. He tried to put in a ponytail yesterday, but I guess it didn't work out. Sean, on the other hand, has been on the couch for over a week. He has something nasty. We're hoping he can make it to school on Monday. Of course, he is getting used to all of the laying around! He has been reading the adventures of Tin Tin. "Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles!" (That is one of the many curses in the books)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

for the kids art, what about the wall on the side of the stairs? could you put up a bulletin board of some kind? --stephanie.

Anonymous said...

On a home organization show ("Neat" - it's Canadian, so probably not on US TV), the host put up a frame in which the child's art could be rotated in and out, i.e. take out the old thing and put in the new. So there is only one thing shown at a time, and the kid can choose what to keep up.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I love Zachary's hair. He looks like a Beatle!