Sunday, February 3, 2008

Scrapbook fever


Well, I got to scrapbook from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. on Saturday with my friend Rosanna. Having that stretch of time made the first few pages a little slow. It took me about 5 hours to complete my first 2 pages. BUT.... big news, I started my new picfolio album! (see picture) I was going back and forth on Friday night, should I really switch? Will I miss the regular scrapbook album? (etc.) The picfolio album is a slide in album that is set up like a scrabook page. Each page has a pocket for 3 horizontal photos and 2 horizontal photos. (I'll have to take more horizontal photos from now on.)

My treats were supposed to be heart shaped brownies, but at 8:30 a.m., I just went with squares instead and put little hearts on them. EVERYONE brought cookies and valentine's (I skipped the valentines)

Kitchen Update:

The corner wall cabinets are up. S* & Z* painted one wall and S* helped assemble three of the cabinets. Now we just have to figure out the heights of the shelves. We are looking at a sliding glass door that has mini blinds in between the glass. Dale is taking a break until we return from our ski trip in Tahoe. We just bought our ski lift tickets and lessons for S* & Z*. S* & Z* will be in all day lessons on Monday which means that Dale & I can ski together!! The lessons are from 9:00 a.m. until 3:45 p.m. The resort we are staying at has racquetball courts, a ping pong table, an inside jacuzzi and even tennis courts. It also has a gondola that takes you right to heavenly so we don't have to drive to the mountain.

And we went to the batting cages today which was a huge step for Z* because last time we took him, a ball hit him, and we ended up at urgent care. Z* still refers to it as a "cast," even though it was a sling. We just wanted him to warm up for his tryout on Wednesday. The last 2 were cancelled because of rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is a picfolio different from a regular photo album??

Lisa said...

A regular album slides in only one direction and often uses stiffer pages. This has flexible cloth pages with 10 pockets "artfully" arranged across 2 pages. (See my picture!)